If your questions are not answered here, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Welcome to the Mimics at Strollerweb privacy notice.
Mimics at Strollerweb respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you how we look after your data when you visit our website (regardless of where you see it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Mimics at Strollerweb collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you create an account, sign up to our catalogue and emails, purchase a product or service, take part in a competition or provide a review.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we collect or process personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact me either via the contact form or email
Postal address: Mimics, 5 Newton Avenue, Radcliffe-on-Trent, Nottingham, NG12 1BY, UK
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country where you work or live or where you believe your legal rights have been infringed. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the relevant regulator, so please get in touch with us in the first instance.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data, guest users).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. Collected via Google Analytics and UK2.net web hosting
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, preferences, and feedback.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- interact with us on social media;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below.
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, from advertising networks or from search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services. Paypal.
- Identity, Contact and Customer Journey data from our Customer Service support service provider.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
See the table below to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at Mimics@Strollerweb.co.uk or unsubscribing from our email list by following the link at the bottom of all marketing emails you receive.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note, that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us at Mimics@Strollerweb.co.uk if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of Data: (a) Identity / (b) Contact
Given how we operate our business, it may be necessary to use our marketing information about you. Any use of your information for marketing will be both in our legitimate interests and yours. You have a right to object at any time to this use of your data by contacting Mimics@Strollerweb.co.uk
Where you have given us your consent or if you have previously purchased from us, we may use your information to contact you about products that you have purchased, to tell you about goods and services which we consider may interest you, our offers available from time to time, or to send you a copy of our annual catalogue. Our marketing communications may be provided to you by email, post or such other means as we choose.
In addition to the right to object mentioned above, you will also be provided with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these marketing communications both at the time that you provide your contact information to us and at any time afterwards by clicking on the relevant link provided in an email or SMS or by contacting us at any time by contacting Mimics@Strollerweb.co.uk
If you tell us that you do not want to receive any further marketing information from us, we will not contact you further for the purpose of marketing. However, we will not necessarily remove your information from our database(s) if it is necessary to retain the information for other non-marketing purposes such as where we need your information for compliance with our legal obligations. Please note that after you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, it may take a few days to update our records during which time you may continue to receive marketing communications.
We will not share your personal data with any company outside the Mimics at Strollerweb group.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at Mimics@Strollerweb.co.uk
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Other companies within the Mimics at Strollerweb group (who are based within Europe)
- External Third Parties. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us at Mimics@Strollerweb.co.uk if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available upon request from our Privacy Team at Mimics@Strollerweb.co.uk
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights, please contact us at Mimics@Strollerweb.co.uk
NO FEE IS USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us at Mimics@Strollerweb.co.uk
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Complying with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
EXTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
Your personal data may also be accessible by third-party service providers that we appoint to process personal data on our behalf and on our instructions (as Processors). These Processors include:
- third party service providers to which we may revert to for performance of professional, technical and organizational services functional to the managing of our website and the activities performed therein, such as for example the sales of goods and related activities, the control of functionalities offered by the website and of the initiatives and services that you may subscribe to and require through the website;
- third party service providers to which we revert for closing purchase transactions and payment processing through our e-commerce platform;
- third party service providers that are managing and supporting our website, the relevant e-commerce platform and all the pre-and post-sale activities, such as order processing, performance marketing, financial services, warehouse management, competition management and promotion and customer relationship management;
- our third-party service provider that is managing our customer service helpdesk and analyses the movements of our customers through our website to identify where problems were encountered, in order to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently;
A list of these Processors, with an indication of where they are located, is available upon request from Mimics@Strollerweb.co.uk. These Processors are bound by appropriate contractual obligations to implement adequate security measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal data.
Your personal data may also be shared with institutions, authorities, public entities, banks and financial institutions, professionals, independent consultants, business partners or other legitimate recipients as permitted by applicable laws and regulations, for example in case of requests by competent courts and authorities or other legal obligations, to protect and defend our rights and property and the website.
Lastly, we may also communicate your personal data to third parties in case of mergers, acquisitions, and transfers of any of our assets, products, websites or operations.
Except for the foregoing, personal data will not be shared with third parties, natural persons or legal entities, that are unrelated to, or that do not perform a business, professional or technical function for us.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object to where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.